Monday, July 30, 2007

But, I digress.

Behold, new things are old. The United States Navy has(d) a schedule that was intended to reduce the life span of anyone who worked it. The 2-2-2/80 schedule may have been efficient for coverage, but generally left one quite exhausted. Two day shifts from 8-4 the second day you returned 8 hours later to work 2 12-8 shifts and at the end of that second shift you worked 2 shifts 4-12 followed by 80 hours off. I always wondered why the schedule used days to describe the first part and hours to describe time off. I digress. So, we were quite the tired lot and usually found our circadian rhythm ectopic (arar). Following my discharge, I worked from 11-7 at lone star gas company (still not sure what I did) followed by 7 broken up hours of college courses. I think I am too old for this. This weekend I worked nights (morning?) at the Psych House. I never thought that calling a Psych Hosp at 2am drunk would be fun. Actually, I have been quite amused at some of the inquiries. All those lost years of entertainment. I digress again. Some interesting quotes include "I want to admit my family", "how soon can you commit me?", and one very intoxicating call asking "can you give me directions". The later I have not seen and its been 4 hours. Where am I going with this you ask? Ask? ASK? I'm getting to old for this! This afternoon I watched the local news and the reporter was doing a story on something or other (not that important), what was important to me at least, was when the reporter asked a man "were you surprised by these events" and he said, "I'm 54, I'm not surprised by much anymore". Am I digressing. Well I'm tired! I am rambling and that's ok. Since, I'm the only one reading this, I am entitled to drift. I digress once again. So, I'm not 54, but inevitably I will be. Even if I die, I will be 54. Just dead. I think I am going to keep track of all the interesting questions. Well, a chair thrower, gotta go.

No comments: